Wedokowin First-line Social Services are offered as part of child and family services to support parents, children and families in the community by way of overall preventive and culturally-adapted services.
These services work in the best interests of children, families and the community by maintaining family, cultural and social links.
The objectives of these services are to:
- prevent and reduce the rate of reported cases and the number of cases in which the authorities take over responsibility for the child;
- prevent and reduce the number and length of placements outside the family and community of origin;
- promote and reinforce early intervention with children and parents before the family situation can worsen;
- act on the main risk and protection factors;
- develop individuals’ and communities’ strengths and skills.
The services offered to children, teenagers and their families use a multidisciplinary and inter-sectoral approach.
|For further information about the program please drop by the Health Centre or contact any members of the TFN First Line Services Team|
Jennifer Bourdon - Ext 114
Jeremy Southerland - ext 105
Bonnie Chief-Abraham ext. 151
Family Violence Program
Martine Marais - ext. 116
(National Aboriginal Youth Suicide Prevention Strategy)
Youth Theater Facilitator
Mary Renaud - ext. 126
Sacha Wabie - ext. 117
Youth Centre Workers